Denise Visconti has been named the new chair of the board of the North San Diego Business Chamber.
Visconti, who is the office managing shareholder of the San Diego office of employment and labor law specialist Littler Mendelson, takes the helm July 1.
She replaces current chair Charlie Piscitello, who has served on the board for four years. Piscitello will remain on the board as immediate past chair and continue to support the chamber as a director, according to a news release.
Other new directors elected to the 2018-19 board and also starting their terms July 1 are:
• Trudy Armstrong, director of regional outreach, The San Diego Foundation
• Lisa Hellmann, senior director, Global Internal Communications, Hologic
• Babett Hirzel, general manager, Embassy Suites La Jolla
• Stacy Rungaitis, executive director, Palomar College Foundation
• Nick Torres, partner, Hochman-Torres LLP
The board also elected to form an advisory board with representation from municipalities and agencies that impact the North San Diego region. The new advisory board members are:
• Yancy B. Lindsey, commander Navy Region Southwest
• Geoff Patnoe, director of the Office of Strategy & Intergovernmental Affairs, County of San Diego
• Tina White, city manager, Poway