The San Diego Workforce Partnership, which funds job training programs, has appointed five new members to its Workforce Development Board and announced a new chair.
Phil Blair, executive officer of Manpower Staffing/San Diego, which provides job coaching services, will serve a two-year term as chair.
“I am looking forward to working with staff and my fellow board members to tackle a number of priorities, including how we can reconnect opportunity youth to school and work, expand job training programs within San Diego County’s jails, and develop a five-year strategic plan that embraces the new technology and training choices job seekers have now and will have in the future,” Blair said.
The new members:
• Mary Burton, vice president of human resources, SeaWorld San Diego;
• Dennis DuBard, manager, public and government relations, General Dynamics, NASSCO;
• Shandon Harbour, president and CEO, Associated Builders and Contractors;
• Sandra Shuda, vice president of strategy and services, Watkins Wellness; and
• Mark Starr, director, Microsoft